Monday, June 30, 2014

750?!?!?! Try 1,667!

750 that is a big number. It is significant to me since I joined a website 750words.com. It encourages you to write 750 words a day. So far I have a 7 days streak, for me this is pretty good. So I broke it down...
750 minutes is 12 hours and 5 minutes
750 seconds is 12 minutes and 5 seconds
$750 would be a nice amount to go shopping

But 750 words actually isn't that hard. One day I did it in 17 minutes. Tomorrow is the first of July, and I plan on doing their one month challenge...to write 750 words, each day, for a month. So July has 31 days, so that is 23,250 words minimum. This will hopefully gear me up for the next thing.

I am planning on doing NaNoWriMo...50,ooo words in 30 days. That is an average of 1,667 words per day. That is 2.2 times the amount I plan to write next month. So I plan to slowly scale up my writing each day. I have 123 days until NaNoWriMo starts. Did I mention that NaNoWriMo is November? So holidays, kids home for a week, cooking to do, and a goal to reach.

I can do this.

My sweet husband, Jarrod, has expressed his pride that I am pursuing my dream and that I am now approaching it with zeal and a plan. My daughters A, 12 and G, 10 are also proud, if confused why I won't just tell them my story. Jarrod has also agreed to be my shaper, the one who reads my raw material and helps me start to shape the clay into a vase or pot.

2 comments:

  1. I like the spunk. You've inspired me to revisit my blog. I can do 750 a day. I find time to READ everyday. Surely, I can squeeze out some time to WRITE as well. Sleep is overrated!!! We will keep each other motivated.

    ReplyDelete